Sunday, May 6, 2007

Lemony Porkchops

So this is one of my (Jeremy's) favorite meals that my mom made when I was growing up and I didn't realize how easy it was until I asked for the recipe, which is as follows:

Ingredients:
Pork chops - as many as you want
Lemon - 1 to 2 slices per pork chop, depending on their size
Ketchup - see below
Brown sugar - ~1 Tbsp per lemon slice

Preheat oven to 350°F.
The pork chops should be thawed in the refrigerator or microwave. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil (trust me on this). Place one or two slices of lemon on each pork chop (or three if they're really big). Put ketchup in a bowl and mix it with a little water to decrease its viscocity enough so that it's easily pourable. Liberally cover the pork chops with this slightly watery ketchup. Place a scoop (~1 Tbsp) of brown sugar on each slice of lemon. Cook at 350°F until it looks done (~20 min). I've noticed that the sizes of pork chops vary greatly from one store to the next and even within the same store, so you'll have to adjust for those differences in the amount of ketchup, lemons, and cooking time.
When finished, clean up is a breeze because you can just throw away the aluminum foil. If you didn't use aluminum foil, you may as well throw away the cookie sheet, it's not worth it.

No comments: